ESP next show is at :
Stirrup Gallery, 142 Addison Rd Marrickville NSW
"Women Together : Conflict, Courage, and Hope"
ESP Gallery presents a photographic exhibition for refugee women, in conjunction with Australia for UNHCR, and hosted by Stirrup Gallery.
Featuring works by international award winning photographer Thomas Mukoya.
Proceeds go to Australia for UNHCR, to support refugees.
Special Guests :
* Sister Angélique Namaika, 2013 Nansen Refugee Award recipient
* Naomi Steer, National Director, Australia for UNHCR
There are currently 60 million displaced people across the world forced to flee their homes because of conflict, famine and war. The majority of the displaced are women and children. This exhibition, through the poignant photos of award-winning photographer Thomas Mukoya, shows life for refugee women as it is experienced in some of the major humanitarian emergencies across Africa.
Thomas Mukoya is a Photojournalist with the Thompson Reuters News Agency in East Africa. His awards include :
* 2003 - Kenyan Union of Journalists - Photojournalist of the Year
* 2010 - Photographers Giving Back award - Sweden
* 2013 - Media Council of Kenya - Photojournalist of the Year
* 2013 - Kenyan Photographers Association - Photographer of the Year
Thomas has worked extensively with various humanitarian organisations including Australia for UNHCR, UNICEF and Medicins San Frontieres.
Opening: Saturday 15 August, 4 pm - 6 pm
at Stirrup Gallery, Addison Road Community Centre, 142 Addison Road, Marrickville
Exhibition: Wed 12th - Sun 23rd August, open Wed - Sun.
Join our Facebook Event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1470329169947272/
Information: firstname.lastname@example.org, Linda van der Torre on 02 9276 6877, email@example.com